Last Modified Date: 2/20/13
POS Portal is concerned about protecting personal information of its customers and is committed to protecting personal information of visitors to its website. When you visit us at buy.posportal.com we want you to know that POS Portal respects your privacy. We collect aggregate information (such as information about how many visitors log on to our sites, the pages they access, etc.).
Personal information that you provide by e-mail or web forms will be used only for the purpose of sending information to you about our services, responding to your questions or comments, or as otherwise may be described at the point of collection (for example on a web form). If you provide contact information, POS Portal staff may contact you to clarify your comment or question, to provide more detailed information to you, or, if you are an existing customer, to learn about your level of satisfaction with our services.
Personal information that you provide by e-mail or web forms is not sold to third parties. Additionally, unless otherwise indicated at the point of collection, the personal information you provide by e-mail or web forms is not shared with third parties. From time to time, however, we may disclose information to fulfill certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent harm. As you use our website, our system collects server log data which includes, where possible, your IP address, your domain name, the type of browser and operating system you use, the pages you view, search requests, and in some cases data you submitted via web forms, and, if you linked to our website from another website, that website’s address. We aggregate this data and use it for statistical purposes. The aggregate information helps us to ascertain, for example, the volume of our website users’ interest in portions of our website, and to help us understand how to improve the navigation and content of our website.
We may use “cookies” on some pages of our site to help us serve you better each time you return. A cookie is a small element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. The data collected from cookies helps us determine how many people visit this website and what pages of the website they view. We use this information to better serve all visitors as we improve our website content and design. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We take steps to make all information received from you online as secure as reasonably possible against unauthorized access and use, including limiting access to such data to only those employees with a business need to know. When we transfer or receive certain sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server.
Your personal information will generally be stored in POS Portal databases located in the United States. Our policy is to ensure that your information is always granted the same level of protection no matter where it is stored.
What we do with information we gather
The information that we collect or that you provide to POS Portal is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone, fax, or email. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, utilize the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of such emails.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the first six and last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We do not display credit card information on the Order Confirmation. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.